Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 15th: A lesson in ISO & Shutter Speed

Today I will go over week 2 of the 12 week course. Yesterday I took pictures of a fountain as images for stop-motion and blur-motion. Well, these fit quite nicely into the ISO/Shutter Speed lesson that I decided to look at today! It's no kitchen sink, but I like the effect a lot better!!! I know, I know, these are technically photos from yesterday, but I swear I'll take some today just to keep!! Let me know what you think! (Disclaimer: The ISO on the stop motion shot is really too high, I just forgot to turn it back down. This was one of the first shots I took at the park that had more lighting, so I forgot to put my ISO back to 400, which is a great medium for any fairly lit areas.)

 ::Stop motion::
Settings:  ISO: 800 | Zoom: 55mm | f/4.5 | SS: 1/3200sec

::Blur motion::
Settings:  ISO: 400 | Zoom: 50mm | f/36 | SS: 1/25sec

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, so you were shooting in manual since you were able to change you f stop, right? and you did change your ISO which you suggested for me to do. Alright...guess I will shower and go somewhere :-) It's actually much warmer today. 52 not 30s like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete