Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17th: Learning the hard way...

So today's post isn't a pleasant one... I'm posting a photo that I'm really not happy with... Here's the backstory:

A friend of mine is loaning me his 50mm f/1.8 (Manual focus with my D3000). I love it to PIECES!!! However, there's a downside... I've been so obsessed with the f/1.8 that I haven't really upped the aperture. So I've been shooting with it purely at 1.8. This presents problems. This photo is the prime example.


I really hate the back portion of this bowl of grits. The focal point is too small. I just absolutely hate that I ruined a picture of these amazing grits. I am really upset with myself and I've definitely learned my lesson. Less obsession is more... More better!! :P 

So here's to breaking bad habits and getting over the honeymoon phase with this lens!! On to the dedicated and loyal portion of our relationship!

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute! Enjoy the borrowed lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky to borrow that lens but the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens is wonderful and best for the D3000 (what I have). Might want to check that out.

    ReplyDelete